Mar 01, 2024
Subject areas required for a M.S. in Information Technology are programming, accounting, data communications, management of an IT organization, systems analysis and design, e-commerce and database development.
Students must meet the CSU requirements for admission to a master’s degree program. Please consult the Graduate Admissions section in this catalog for complete information. In addition, applicants will be evaluated based on the following:
- Minimum of 2 years practical experience in a functional area of business
- Minimum average score of 530 on the GRE or a total scaled score of 530 on the GMAT
- Submission of a written self-assessment explaining why they believe they would be a good candidate for the program
- Successful passage of a phone or face-to-face interview designed to assess their level of technology knowledge, skills and abilities to be an online learner
- Proficiency in office productivity tools using a personal computer and knowledge and experience in utilizing Internet-based systems
- For international students, a TOEFL score of 570 on the paper exam is required
The deadline for completing an online application is March 1 for the following fall semester (see: www.csumentor.edu). Mailed applications need to be postmarked by the same deadline. However, the deadline may be changed based upon enrollment projections.
Each student is required to attend and successfully complete an on-campus orientation session for new students and maintain a GPA of 3.0. If circumstances force a student to fall out of the original cohort schedule, the student will be permitted to continue in the program, but will default to the next cohort cycle, provided the student remains in good academic standing.
Required Courses (21 units)
* May not take both course as electives
Capstone Experience (3 units)