Shweta Adur, Renae Bredin, Rebecca Dolhinow, Donna Nicol, Karyl Ketchum, Xhercis Mendez
Women and Gender Studies focuses on the study of gender and sexuality in society by carefully emamining gender, race and sexuality based social movements, gendered experiences, intersectionality, masculinity and popular culture. Our courses incorporate feminist and queer theory with feminist learning models to encourage students to direct their own educational experiences through the use of technology, scholarship and community engagement.
Learning Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The following learning goals and learning outcomes have been established for students pursuing a degree in Women and Gender Studies:
- Articulate and critique multiple theoretical frameworks
- Integrate historical and contemporary knowledge of women’s movements globally and in the U.S. into an analysis of gender issues
- Understand and apply feminist epistemology and research methods demonstrated through independent research using standard English grammar and coherent written organization
- Analyze and evaluate texts and ideas in both oral and written modalities
- Demonstrate leadership skills by organizing and implementing projects
Programs and Courses Offered
ProgramsBachelor of ArtsNon-Degree
CoursesWomen and Gender Studies
Courses are designated as WGST in the class schedule.